Do your floors have scuff marks, nicks, surface scratches, or missing finish from heavily worn areas? Then the Abrade & Recoat package is designed for you! Some other companies will tell their prospective customers that their floors have to be fully refinished; thankfully, this is usually untrue. Most visible damage occurs in the top protective layer of the floor. This coating is made up of an oil or water based polyurethane. Just like a clear coat for your car, the polyurethane acts like a barrier for the wood planks.
Our Abrade & Recoat package removes your old dull polyurethane that is holding all of those scuffs, nicks & scratches and replaces it with 2 brand new premium coats of *low VOC water based finish. In most cases, this process can be completed in 1 day!
Prices Starting at $2.00 per Sq. Ft
1. Completely deep clean the wood to remove as much surface soil as possible to ensure we are able to abrade off the old finish:
-We will pre treat small areas at a time & then lightly agitate using a cleaning pad on our orbital machine to help break up any deeply embedded soils and residues.
- After, we will begin using our advanced floor scrubbing machine. Our machine will aggressively deep clean using fine scratch free rotating brushes and our eco friendly solution in all of the cracks and crevices that normal mopping cannot reach, while simultaneously vacuuming (extracting) up the solution with a squeegee system.
- The next step is to apply our PH Neutral solution with a microfiber pad to ensure the floor is fully clean, residue free and neutralized.
2. Use an abrasive pad with our orbital machine to completely remove the old existing finish from the wood's surface. Our process will remove the polyurethane while preserving the wood stain itself.
3. Palm sand (with a high grit) by hand, the edges along baseboards and tight areas the orbital machine cannot reach.
4. Vacuum up all the old finish
5. Use the Floor Scrubber to clean the exposed wood
6. Then we use a tack mop with a PH neutral solution to ensure any remaining poly particles are off of the floor
7. Apply our prepping sealer to make sure the new finish will bond into the wood grain uniformly.
8. Wait for the sealer to dry properly. (approx. 1 hour)
9. Apply the protective coating of urethane that you choose. We offer Gloss, Semi Gloss, Satin, and Matte finishes. (The gloss level will affect the appearance of your floor, but not its durability.) With our package, you receive 2 separate coats included in our price. A closely matched tint may be added to the finish to help blend damaged or high traffic areas; if the wood floor has missing stain we can also complete a stain correction free of charge!
Although the products we use are high quality, long lasting and durable, for rare instances, a 3rd coat may be applied if you anticipate that you will need extra protection due to very high traffic or multiple pets living in the home. With proper care and maintenance of the flooring, (See Maintenance Pkg) the 1-2 premium coats should last at least 5 years before needing this package again.
*All of our products are low VOC & water based. This means that they are kid & pet safe, and environmentally friendly. Our Water based products have very low odor and also resist yellowing over time compared to their oil based counterparts.
***make sure volume is on for this video***
This client had a lot of wear and missing stain. We did a major stain correction on her floor, as well as, lightly tinting the poly! We chose colors that were as close as possible to the original color of the floor. It really brought her hardwoods back to life!
Abrade & Recoat Package completed for a client that has a large dog that put a lot of scratches into the floor! We can tint the Polyurethane on any type of wood floor. Its a great option for clients that want to go darker without the refinishing price tag!
Abrade & Recoat Package completed for a client that was about to list their home on the market!